Almost everyone likes chocolate chip cookies, wouldn’t you say? So how do I turn a story entitled “The Chocolate Chip Cookie” into something totally disgusting? Well,….it goes something like this…..
Years ago, I was making a delivery to one of my regular customers out of town. They invited me in and as I stepped through the front door, Mrs. “E” ‘s husband happened to be baking some chocolate chip cookies. Ahhhhhh, that aroma was so intoxicating. Long story short,…….I left the house with about a half dozen bite-sized cookies, fresh off the cookie sheet, still very warm in a ziplock bag.
Driving away, I started popping them in my mouth, one at a time. I think I had probably polished off about three and was working on the fourth one, except this one seemed extra chewy. I kept on chewing awhile longer until only a small section of it was left. Unable to break it down with saliva, I finally took it out to see what was up with this one. Well, what I had left was neither cookie nor was it a chewy chocolate chip. Instead, it was a USED BAND AID!!!!! Bleeeeccccck!!! Puuuuuuuuke! All of a sudden, those other two cookies didn’t look so tempting and I thought that right about then he was back at the house probably noticing that band aid that he had on his finger was missing. Yes, I’d been chewing on it. The rest of the cookies went out the window, I DIDN’T get sick from it, but I haven’t eaten a chocolate chip cookie since that day. True story!…..DISGUSTING, but true.